Our Family-Owned History
The "old world" flavor and quality of Mackenthun's homemade sausages began at the turn of the century in a little butcher shop in Plato, Minnesota, owned by August Mackenthun. In 1917, August's son Arthur imported a sausage maker from Germany and opened his own meat market in Waconia which soon built a reputation for the finest quality meats and most delicious sausage anyone ever tasted. In the 1940s and '50s, Arthur's some Marvin added a full line of groceries to their market.
Today, Kim and Laurie Mackenthun and their family (4th and 5th generation) operate a full-service supermarket with all the convenience of a big city, but inside the doors you'll still find the old-fashioned pride of a small-town butcher shop. Their award-winning meat department and homemade sausage have won national acclaim and they are dedicated to making every batch of delicious homemade sausage the same as it was in the early 1900s.
Since 1917 our mission has been to provide you with an exceptional food experience, while continuing to be involved in our communities.
Today we offer the convenience of a Supermarket with the personalized services you want while giving you a memorable experience with the authentic smiles from your friends at Mackenthun's Fine Foods.
- Award Winning Smokehouse Brats, Sausages, Home
Cured Bacon, Jerky and more
- Homemade Deli Salads and the Best Crispy Chicken in Town
- Deli Fresh Salad and Soup Bar – Lonsdale & Waconia
- Mackenthun’s in-house Bakery
- Festive and Creatively Decorated Cakes for any
- Highest Quality Produce Featuring Local MN Grown
- Floral & Gifts - Waconia
- Friendly & Knowledgeable Pharmacists - Waconia
- Self-Service Gas Station – Lonsdale
- Relax in our Seating Area – Montgomery & Waconia
- Unconditional Guarantee on all our Products
Stop In and Experience Mackenthun’s Fine Foods!